Public School in Germany
Placement in a Public School in Germany
Staying in Germany for a whole school year or for six months means you become immersed in the language and in school life. Our experienced staff usually organizes attendance in Year 9 or 10.
In Germany the school year is divided into two six-month terms and the selected schools have different profiles and specializations depending on the state they are in. For Geography, History, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Social Studies etc., the language of tuition is German, which is why we recommend a minimum CEF-Level of B1, ideally B2, for successful attendance at school.
During their stay in Germany the students live in host families, selected by yourself or organized by Carl DuisbergCentren. You will soon become a real member of the family and will have the opportunity to make other new friends. Prior to the start of the program we assess your capabilities in German to see whether you have the required standard to be successful at school. If not, you can join our “Fit for School” preparatory course at the Carl Duisberg Training Center in Radolfzell on Lake Constance.
|Half a school year (approx. 6 months)||5.350 €|
|A complete school year (approx. 11 months)||8.980 €|
|Placement in a town or region of your choice||250 €|
- Age: minimum 15 years ( some exceptions possible)
- Adequate knowledge of German (at least CEF-Level B1)
- Registration and submission of application forms 6 months prior to starting school
- A complete school year: August/September to June/July
- Half a school year: January/February to June/July or August/September to January/February
Deadline for Applications
- For one school year: by end of March
- For half a school year: by end of August or end of March respectively
- Enrollment at a suitable public school and placement in an appropriate level
- Regular performance monitoring
- Full Board accommodation with a German family
- Administrative support with visa-related issues (Visa-Assist)
- Insurance package (health, accident and liability insurance)